Sorry about the lack of updates lately. Here you go:
- Brandon Evans, 20, was shot in the back and killed near the conservatory of flowers, in Golden Gate Park, on November 29th. Evans was from San Diego and had just moved to SF three weeks earlier.
- Richard Berrett, 29, was shot to death while apparently running from an assailant in North Beach. He was shot in the back and killed in the doorway of a bar at Broadway and Kearney Streets at 1:00 a.m. on November 25th.
- Victor Cipriano-Lopez, 22, was shot to death at 22nd and Valencia Streets, in the Mission, at around 10:30 p.m. on November 23rd.
- Two people were found shot dead in a house in Potrero Hill. They were identified as Vicky Velarde, 30, and her boyfriend, David Boyce, 35. Police do not yet known who pulled the trigger, but they seem to be leaning towards murder-suicide with Velarde as the victim.
- John Rogers, 30 year-old Marine veteran, was shot to death, and another man injured when 24 year-old Max Reyes of San Francisco broke into Rogers' apartment on the unit block of Fair Avenue and attempted to rob them. Reyes was later arrested, and is being held on $1 million bail.
- Daniel Gomez, 33, was shot to death near the Sunnydale housing projects in Visitacion Valley, at Sunnydale Ave. and Sawyer streets. The shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. on October 26th.
- Angelo Zuniga, 17, was stabbed to death during a fight at a party on the 400 block of Holloway Avenue, in Ingleside. 19-year-old Martin Martinez was arrested for the murder shortly after. The stabbing occurred at 11:50 p.m. on October 24th.
- Cynthia Sareen Weaver, 46, died after falling from her bathroom window while trying to escape her abusive boyfriend, around 11:00 p.m. on October 3rd. The boyfriend, who had a restraining order against him, came to Weaver's house near Folsom and 24th streets, got drunk, and started to beat her. She locked herself in the bathroom, and while he tried to break the door down, she tried to climb out the window, and down a pipe, but she slipped and fell. She died later at the hospital.
More Violent Stuff:
- A woman was caught in the crossfire in a shoot-out in the Sunnydale Projects. Two other people sustained multiple gunshot wounds.
- Shooting injures one in the Lower Haight.
- Taxi driver injured in brick attack downtown.
- USC student stabbed and nearly killed in fight at Marina District bar.
- 20 people arrested for 8 robberies on Halloween and over the following weekend
- A UCSF lab worker was charged with attempted murder after he poisoned the drink of a colleague with lab chemicals.
- One suspect in the murder of 14 year-old Ivan Miranda was arrested last year for another assault, and was apparently kept from being deported by the city of SF. The suspect, 17 year-old Rony Aguilera, was part of a gang-related attack in the Excelsior District, in which Miranda was stabbed and nearly decapitated with a samurai sword.
Not so violent Stuff:
- 100 arrested in Bay Area prostitution sting.
- A car chase that started in Santa Cruz ended in SF, in front of the federal building at 7th and Mission. The suspect had multiple samurai swords in his car.
- A body washed ashore at Ocean Beach.
- 39 arrested in a sweep targeting high-risk parolees and probation offenders.