Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Man killed in the Mission

Man chased down, shot to death in S.F.'s Mission District
Chronicle Staff Report
Tuesday, January 8, 2008

(01-08) 08:18 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- (01-08) 09:34 PST SAN FRANCISCO - A man was shot to death in the Mission District late Monday after he was chased down by his assailant, police said today.

A witness told police that the man was being chased down 26th Street near Mission Street around 11:35 p.m. when he tripped and fell. The killer caught up to the victim and shot him several times, then fled on foot, police said.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name was not immediately released.

link

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has got to stop. I can't take all the gunfire in the mission anymore. I heard these gun shots, as I was getting ready for bed last night. And right after, I looked out the window to see two people happily riding there bikes by. They had no idea what had happened just a block from them. How do we get this violence to end in one of the cities best neighborhoods. Thats my soap box!

Anonymous said...

Looks like '08 is going to be another violent year. We had 5 murders at this time last year and we all know that it wasn't a good one. We need to clean the streets...it starts with ridding of anything that is an invitation for violence like dirty streets, graffiti, and allowing drugs to be dealt, smoked, and shot in public.

Angelique Little said...

I live on 26th at Guerrero and I heard six gun shots as I was getting ready for bed. I didn't see anything outside my window and was afraid to go outside. My neighbor had just told me that night that in the past week, someone was mugged outside our building, a car was broken into and some guys that have been ringing our doorbells tried the front door of our building.

Anonymous said...

I agree that this has "got to stop." But what concrete steps can we actually take? I feel like peaceful SF residents are powerless to actually do anything about this. Does anyone have any suggestions?