Saturday, January 19, 2008

Two injured in Tenderloin shooting

Two shot in Tenderloin shoot-out
19 January 2008

Two males were injured in San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood Friday night when shots were fired from one vehicle into another, police said.

The shooting occurred just before 11:30 p.m. near the intersection of Leavenworth and Ofarrell streets.

Preliminary reports indicate that the suspect vehicle pulled alongside the victims’ car and at least one gunman began shooting.

Both occupants of the victim vehicle were injured by the gunfire and were transported to San Francisco General Hospital.

Police said one victim sustained minor injuries in the shooting and the second victim has been listed in critical condition.

A description of the suspect vehicle was not immediately available.

The shooting remains under investigation.

link

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you posted this. I live two blocks away and heard the shots last night. I could see all the police from my window but had no idea what was going on. SFGate doesn't have a word about it but the San Jose paper reported on it. How stupid is that? I've bookmarked your site - thanks for keeping us in the know.

Jerry Jarvis said...

the best crime reporting blog I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to be able to find out what happened so quickly. I live at this corner and our whole street was blocked off. The cops weren't telling us anything when we tried to get back into our building.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! I heard the shots and kind of poked my head out the window to see what was going on. I was kind of confused until I saw this one guy duck for cover across the street and another one running pell mell the other direction.

I was watching the after drama with the police and all but I didn't understand what was going on (plus a tree was in my line of sight).

Thanks for the quick information! Very awesome. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I also live on this corner and was walking out of building to head to "Right Way Market", the corner which the car ran into, when the shots rang out. I couldn't find any info online or in the papers regarding the incident, but I just got back from the corner store where the employees know me and I got an update. According to him, the driver of the victim car has died from the gunshots, and the passenger was apparently seen running from the car with a gun. He then returned to the scene and was taken away by ambulance to be treated for the injuries. FYI-the gun has not been recovered and may be floating around our neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reporting this. Maybe it didn't happen far enough up the hill for the SFGate. I also live on this corner, and saw the aftermath from my window. It's crazy to think the city is considering doing away with rent control when we're paying 13+ a month for drive-bys.

Anonymous said...

I am continually browsing online for tips that can facilitate me.
Thank you!

Feel free to surf to my blog post